Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Little Food for Thought

I once had a friend who said "Hate leaves ugly scars, love leaves beautiful ones...."

Well my "love scars" came in the form of stretch marks all over my tummy that looks like I recently got into a battle with a tiny tiger... Beautiful? Eh, not so much. Oh and the extra 15 pounds I'm packing around? Not too hot either.

No more chunky clothes for me. I'm serious about fitting into my old clothes and be able to breathe. No one likes a muffin top.

For the last several weeks I have been working really hard at going to the gym and I feel great. I have more energy and I am getting back into my "gym rat" mode. There comes a point when working out is something I look forward to everyday and I don't dread dragging myself in there. I feel like I'm to that point now. I started spinning again. The first class I took I really felt like I might literally die from lack of oxygen but now I can go the full hour and still have energy at the end. Skinny(er) me - 1, chunky me - 0.

My biggest demise is my sweet tooth. This morning as I looked lustfully through the glass of the pastry case at the most beautiful chocolate cake donut with smooth creamy white icing and sugar sparkle sprinkles I had ever seen I had to muster up every bit of willpower I had to turn down its inviting gaze. I always want what is not good for me. It's a love affair... and it's complicated.

So far I have lost 2 pounds of the 6 that I gained the week I was in Atlanta. Although it is not happening as fast as I would like, at least the dial on the scale is moving in the right direction. We're planning a girls trip for my mom's birthday in Vegas the first weekend in June and I'm hoping all the money I save on not eating sparkle donuts I can invest in some pants in a smaller size... sans the muffin top.

3 comments:

Desi said...

I guess watching the Biggest Looser and listening to Karen isn't going to do it is it? I just hope I don't blow a lung....

Unknown said...

I'm with ya on the sweet tooth. I can pretty much avoid everything but when it comes to delicious donuts...I'm a wreak. So thanks for the tantalizing description and pictures...you're little bug is so precious!! It's worth a few battle wounds for such a cutie. don't you think?

Nikki said...

Keep going cuz! I'm trying to muster up the staying power to begin also..But yeah for you.