Monday, October 13, 2008

Big Fresno Fair




I LOVE going to the fair. Mostly because I find the fair brings out the most odd group of people that coexist with us - and Fresno's fair was no exception. Matt and I both had the night off on Saturday, so when I heard the ad on the radio that the Carnie's were in town you bet I dragged his booty there. I knew we were in for a great night when they frisked us at the gates before we went in... At the county fair? Really? My prophecy was right. It was an awesome night.

We ate smoked turkey legs and funnel cakes (my fav) and popped in to the Lloyd and Colby O'Donis concert. You know you live on the West Coast instead of Utah when all the booths are rims.

But mostly we just watched the people. California has an interesting mix. People were wearing costumes... I'm talking full-on Halloween kind of stuff, I really could not figure it out... We still have two weeks! Another observation - people were usually dressed one of two ways - beanies, coats and gloves (even though it is like 60 degrees) or they were dressed in stilletto heels and booty dresses for the club. All in all though, we had a top night in the ghetto. Matt even got a new "grill" that lights up. I think he was trying to fit in but I can't be sure ;)

3 comments:

Trevor & Lindsey said...

Love the fairs for the purpose of watching people, its the greatest! Looks like you two had a blast!

Hayley Neil said...

You guys are hilarious! I love people watching at stuff like that! I am super jealous of all the ghetto-fabulous-ness you saw.

Katie Jo said...

you know how I feel about funnel cakes. my hear skips a beat.