Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Break

Aaaaahhhh I love my job. I'm not even in school anymore and I still get spring break... It's a pretty sweet little deal. Naturally, I took advantage of this situation, and the Bug and I packed up and headed to Utah for 9 days. (Probably the 9 longest days of Matt's life... or possibly the 9 shortest... Ya never know.)

Sunday I went to Xay's baby blessing. Isn't this little guy a doll? Xay and TC were born within 3 days of each other. Steph and I have been friends for a long time. I feel so lucky that we have been able to go through this whole pregnancy thing and trying to figure out how to be a mama thing together. These little boo's are going to be heartbreakers... watch out!





Of course the Bug was spoiled by his Nana, Grandpa, Auntie, and Uncle Curt. No surprise there. But I feel like I got spoiled just as much. No cooking, dishes, cleaning, staying up all night with the baby, waking up early, or changing diapers? Dream. Come. True. I even got to go out with my girlfriends and my family fought over who could watch the baby. Alls I'm saying is this is something I could get used to.


I know lately my posts have been a tiny bit on the long side... ok, some of them are pushing novels in length, so I'll spare you the details, and just give you some of the highlights of how we spent the week!


Playing with BeeBop...



...Going to see the baby chicks at IFA with Grandpa...



...Reading stories with Nana...



...Playing in the bathtub...



...Hanging out with Grandpa Coy...




...Uncle Curt...




...and going for pony rides on Mr. Shorty.




(Oh, and being cute as a Bug!)
The Saturday before Easter, we had the annual weenie roast and easter egg hunt. I was pretty excited about this because this is the first year for TC, which meant we could look for money eggs. I don't care what you think... babies are expensive! We need all the help we can get! ;









Looking for his Easter Basket!



We had lots of fun... thank you to all the family and friends we were able to spend time with on the break. Its weird... we have been gone for a year and a half, but when I go home it feels like everything is the same. Well I guess not everything... I wandered down into my parents basement, and it looks like Curt has gotten a little carried away with the decorating. It looks like the damn Bean Museum down there. Oh and thanks, Curt, for letting my baby pet the dead wild animal carcass. You will always have a special place in my heart.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i enjoy your novels :) looks like a fun break...super jealous!

Katie Jo said...

just come home. k bye.

Desi said...

I'm just sayin' I'm with Katie.