Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Progress Report

I'm on the home-stretch! I will be 37 weeks this weekend, and I'm definately ready to be done being pregnant. Actually I'm feeling overdone. Last week I measured at 41 weeks, and the doctor said our baby was pushing 8 pounds already (so much for the newborn clothes). Our doctor wants to do another ultrasound on August 4th to check his size, but everything else is going really well - the baby is a healthy one!

It is getting harder and harder everyday now. I will be happy when I can breathe/sit/stand/sleep/eat again. Despite all my complaints about pregnancy, I am getting so excited for this babe to get here! We are all ready for him, and I think we have everything we could possibly need for a baby... minus the baby.

Here are some pictures of my gigantic tummy... Which reminds me - these are some things I consider inappropriate to say to a rather large pregant lady. I hear these things several times a day. Common sense anyone?


"Damn girl, you are BIG!" (Really? Huh. I have not noticed.)
"You sure you aren't having twins?" (No. I definately would have exploded by now.)
"Are you EVER going to have that baby?" (No, I thought I'd wait til his "terrible two's are over before I decided to let him go.)
"Whoa Mama!" (Geh.)
"You are PREG-NANT" (No shit, Sherlock.)


Side-view

My-view

Please come soon baby! I don't know how much longer I can take it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abbey...you look gorgeous though! Aside from all the comments..you look amazing! I am so excited and happy for you. can't wait for you to come into town and actually me meet this baby! Yay! Congrats!

The Barth Family said...

Oh Abbey! You look like you are going to pop! (Was that a good one to add to your list??) You look so adorable. I was there that day at church when someone asked you if you were sure you weren't having twins. Honestly people, where is your couth?? You can't have that sweet little boy until I get back! See you in a couple of weeks!

Desi said...

Okay sweetie...maybe this will help. It makes your bootie look tiny! Love you.

Nikki said...

I totally agree with your mom. Your belly may be big but the rest of you looks tiny. Can't wait to see him.

Natalie said...

You look great! Notice I didn't post my 35 week picture with 16 pounds of baby. You'll be back to normal in just a few short weeks and the next year will fly by.

Hayley Neil said...

Yay! Today is August 4th so I hope you are at your doctor being told that it's time to get that little buddy out! Can't wait! Good luck with everything! XOXO