Friday, May 15, 2009

Stupid People

Once upon a time, a raquetball club was transformed into a community college campus. As a result of this transformation, my office has classrooms with plexi-glass walls covered with curtains, saunas that have turned into storage areas, a faculty lounge that used to be an overhead track, a snack bar, tennis courts, and a pool outside. Personally, I love these little quirks - especially the pool.

The pool brings unexpected joy to my life. Sometimes it is full of ducks, sometimes it is full of bubbles from homeless people taking baths in it, sometimes full of local gang members who need take a break from "thugging" for a quick dip - everyday is something new. This weekend was the kickoff of another hot trend... summer parties.

When I arrived to work on Monday, I was surprised to find our pool littered with cases of beer cans and broken bottles. Tisk, tisk. Who knew school was the place to be on Saturday nights? Luckily, when our maintenence man was cleaning up the mess, he found a receipt for 15 cases of beer... that was paid with food stamps... that had the party people's name on it. Genius. So now they are getting fined for trespassing and vandalism. PLEASE people - if you are going to do something illegal, will you not leave your ID at the scene of the crime??? Idiots.

3 comments:

Katie Jo said...

I love stupid people. I love laughing at stupid people. I love making fun of stupid people. Love it adn I love you.

Anonymous said...

I love it! That is hilarious! Dumb A people are the best!

Unknown said...

stupid, stupid, stupid! And really buying beer with food stamps. That's just sad. I hope they don't have kids that are starving b/c they want to party on the weekends. Shouldn't there be a law or something that says you can't buy beer with food stamps. Stupid welfare system.