Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tis the Season... Tax Season.


Geh. I don't know about you, but tax season has always had a way of bringing me down from this high I call "life". Does anyone else find this whole process confusing? I finally got the last of Matt and I's W-2's today. Now I have a whole stack of papers and I have no idea where to begin... Do we file in CA, UT or both? Who is claiming who, what about deductions, tuition breaks, and where is the best place to take them? I'm turning into a hot mess! I'm one step away from a fit and I'm starting to wonder if this is even worth it. Maybe we should just risk it and try not to end up in prison... However, if prison is our only option, I have done a little research and I feel like this place would be the best fit for me... I dunno, it doesn't look all that bad.


6 comments:

Trevor & Lindsey said...

Abs,
I would recommend getting a CPA to do them. They are the best! Last year Trevor and I had the same issue and when we did them ourselves we were only getting 600 back. Then we went to a CPA and with school, tithing and many other things we didnt know how to calculate in he got us about 3000!
But yeah Im with you that prison doesnt look all that bad... haha. I love you!

Cherice and Corey said...

The guy that plays the girl in the video is SOOO on your team! Love you!

Desi said...

Where do you come from....

Shannon said...

That is creepy and they obviously didn't learn their dance moves from the man himself. Take a deep breath and get your taxes done!!

The Barth Family said...

I love tax season! Honestly! Having kids makes it so we get a ton of money back! Next year you will get the tax credit too! If you need some help with your taxes, I can try to help! I am going to try to do mine at my parents (I am leaving to Utah in 5 days!!). I have done our taxes the past 5 years, my dad buys turbo tax, but you can use it online too and just pay to use it. If you don't have a ton of deductions it could be worth it to do yourself, plus turbo tax takes you through every step. But you have to file both Utah and California, which can be a pain. Anyway, call me and I can help you figure something out!

Nikki said...

Om Gosh! That is so freaking funny. I love Thriller! Bern and I just go to H&R Block to get our taxes done and we usually get back a lot more than when we did it ourselves. Plus if you get audited they will represent you if you pay a little extra. For us it's worth it. We don't have to stress. Oh and kiddos are great benefit. I love tax season. We always get a refund