Thursday, March 31, 2011

Beauty or Beast?

As I was driving home from work yesterday, I looked in the rear-view and noticed my eyebrows were getting a teeny bit thick.  I was on my way to meet my parents at their house to pick up TC, but I was a few minutes ahead of them so I popped into the local nail salon on the corner for a quick wax.  I said I wanted an eyebrow wax and the little asian lady led me to a room where I laid down on a table with bright lights shining on my face.  Our conversation went a little something like this:

Asian Lady:  It's been a while huh?
Me:  Um, yeah.  I have been really busy... Sorry.
Asian Lady:  So are we doing the upper lip today too?
Me:  What???
Asian Lady:  Your upper lip.  Are we waxing that today too?
Me:  (Shocked because I was not aware I had a mustache) Um, no thanks, just the eyebrows today.
Asian Lady:  Ok.  Have you ever considered tinting your eyebrows?  It would make you look a lot better.
Me:  Um, thanks for the offer, but I just want them waxed today.
Asian Lady:  Ok.  Do you use regular nail polish or gel nail polish?
Me:  Just regular nail polish.
Asian Lady:  You should try the gel... (grabbing my hand) it wont chip like yours see?

SERIOUSLY???  I thought going to a salon was supposed to make you feel better about yourself - not the opposite! Thankfully she was finished at this point and had no time to point out my relief society arms or the cellulite on my thighs. 

Oh little Asian Lady... I realize you were trying to promote your business, but you just lost mine. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beauty or beast...I say bitch. stick your waxer where the sun don't shine!