Sunday, August 15, 2010

Camping

It's that time of year people.  Time to leave our air-conditioned, technology filled apartments with full-sized furniture to spend a week in the wilderness under the stars on beds designed for little people (or people who are a hell of a lot smaller than meme), swarms of flies straight out of Jurassic Park, and a handful of wild beasts... oh, and my family. 

All joking aside - I LOVE camping.  I love being out in wide open spaces, fresh air, riding 4-wheelers, shooting guns, taking several naps a day, and sitting by the fire with my family telling stories of the "old days".  There isn't a whole lot I would choose to do over camping.  (I'm still working on converting Matt to this type lifestyle - but the insects seem to be a bigger road block than I had originally anticipated.  He is a pretty good sport though, and I think the 4-wheelers just might win him over.) 

Disclaimer:  This blog includes a picture overload. 



Of course TC was in heaven - dirt, space to run, and the constant availability of family members to take him on rides and he was sold. 




Thank you Auntie and Big C for buying me this big ball!





Uncle Curt and TC



Baths in the trailer



He wanted to get in the lake... and I wasn't hurrying fast enough. 



This is our family tree... Literally.  It's a little tough to see, but we added Matt's name under mine when we got married, and put TC's name on the list last summer :)



Naps with Grandpa... Notice the similar haircuts...
Must be genetic - either that or poor grooming.  Take your pick.



Four generations on the mountain where we all grew up.  Pretty awesome. 

I'm already looking forward to next year!

No comments: