Sunday, September 20, 2009

Retaliation Day

You know those guys who love a good competition? Well I married one of those guys. Whether it be athletic games, video games, or "annoying each other" games, my husband hates losing. Often the "annoying each other" games can escalate from a poke to a wrestling match pretty quickly, so I have to choose my battles wisely. Around our house we call it Retaliation Day.

Now I have been having one-sided conversations with a 6 week old all day, so when Matt got off work last night at 11:00 I was looking forward to a conversation with a grown up. Matt, however must have been a little tired because he kept falling asleep laying in bed while I was talking at him. I may or may not have kept putting my feet on him because he hates it... I can't really remember. I guess he had finally had enough so he decided to hit my water bottle I was drinking, spilling it all over me. Naturally, I dumped the rest of the freezing cold water all over his face. And within minutes, Pepper Drive Apt D turned into a war-zone. We had water everywhere. I think every room in our apartment suffered some of the wrath of our water fight. Sopping wet, we just stared at each other and burst out laughing. I don't remember the last time I was in a decent water fight. As I was drifting off to sleep on one of the small decoration pillows (because mine was soaked) Matt rambled on and on about how thirsty he was and he wish we had some cold water to drink. LOL who said we have to act like grown-ups anyway?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha isn't being married fun. you can do whatever the hell you want and they still have to love you :)