Saturday, November 8, 2008

Matt's Day

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BOO!!! Matt turned 22 yesterday so we decided to make a little vacation in celebration of his birth. It all started on Wednesday, when we got an enormous box in the mail from my family full of presents. The boy is so spoiled! Despite my mom's request to wait until his birthday to open them, he tore into them the minute he walked into the door. My mom insisted he send the presents back, but he has already worn some of the clothes so I guess that is probably not going to happen.



Thursday after I got off work we drove up to Menlo Park to visit my cousin Erin and her husband John. It was so good to see them! We went to dinner and got ice cream and they showed us around their city. Erin is hilarious and we laughed all night. They were so nice to let us stay with them (John even blew up air mattresses with his lungs lol) Thanks guys!

In the morning we got up and drove the rest of the way to San Francisco where we spent the day sightseeing and shopping. We spent most of the time walking around Fisherman's Wharf and on the piers. I had the best clam chowder ever made!




Matt wanted to go on a tour of Alcatraz, so we took a boat out to the island to see the prison. At first I was not really that interested (mostly because I thought it was still an active prison) but it was actually really cool learning about Al Capone and all the history. Here we are with the headphones on our self-guided tour.



San Francisco is such a unique city. It is so different than any other parts of California I have seen before. We live in a great location in California where we can make little trips like this. Here are more pictures from our trip! Enjoy :)







9 comments:

Wright Family said...

Abby How cute are you I bet you had so much Fun with Erin. HOw far away are you guys. Alcatraz is way cool i went there in High school.

Katie Jo said...

I miss you.

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

She really does. Kate misses you!

Trevor & Lindsey said...

Happy Belated Birthday Matt! We miss you guys! Oh I had no idea matt was my age... crazy!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!! Looks like a fun trip to San Fran. I love that city it is one of my favorite places in the world. I love how steep all the hills are. Alcatraz is awesome too, I've never gone on a tour there but we sailed around it and I was so scared because the ocean was so choppy! I thought for sure the boat was gonna tip over!! AHHHH! love ya!

The Hintze Family said...

Happy Birthday Matt! We miss you guys a ton!

The Fam said...

I'm still waiting for the presents to come back. I want them hand delivered too. Happy Birthday Matt!! We miss you both tons. Love ya.
Mom

John and Erin said...

Thanks Matt and Abbey! It was awesome to see you guys. Sounds like your day in San Fran was a success. I'm so glad we got to see you.

Nikki said...

OH I am jealous!! I love San Fran and of course Erin and JOhn, how fun. We went to San Fran right before we found out I was prego with HOPE. It's been a long time. We definitely need a girls trip. OH, Happy Happy Birthday MATTHEW!!!ONe more November birthday. What day is it exactly?? HOPE's birthday is the 8th.